It’s the first week of classes for me, which means I’m basically brain dead by this point and I have no actual idea what’s going on in the world. But I’ll try anyway…
- First long term study of women’s feelings about abortion say that five years after the procedure, 99% of women still say it was the right decision, and 95% say their biggest feeling is relief.
- Virginia becomes the 38th state to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment, making it possible for it to become part of the Constitution… except that it’s a bit short of the 1982 deadline. However, the deadline has been moved before, so supporters are hopeful.
- A giant kettle of vultures has encrusted a CBP radio tower at the US-Mexico border in feces and vomit. The only thing better than this headline is Chuck Wendig’s tweet about it.
Well speaking of animals… it’s Cute Animal Friday! Thanks again to Muscadine for sending in most of these fun stories…
- Several wolf puppies decide to play fetch, surprising researchers.
- Komodo dragon destroyed BBC camera by trying to have sex with it. But who can blame him? David Tennant is narrating and he’s sexy to everyone. (Thanks, Ian!)
- Fukashima’s exclusion zone is being populated with animals such as baby boars, monkeys, and foxes. This is similar to the story of how animals successfully settled around Chernobyl.
- The fires raging in Australia are devastating on so many levels. Some folks are doing what they can to protect the wildlife, resulting in cute kangaroo pouches and itty bitty bat babies wrapped up in blankets.
- A new species of tarsier gets a lot of love… probably because it reminds everyone of Baby Yoda.
- Here’s a feel good story if you ever needed one… 15 year old girl volunteers at an animal shelter and finds her cat that had been missing for three years. He had only been recaptured a few months prior to their reunion. Microchip your pets, folks!