Quickies: From anti-vax to pro-vax, breakthrough infections, and more…
Here’s what I’ve been reading these last couple of weeks:
- What happens in academia when feminist mentors become misogynist colleagues – “Most men in the academy are feminists who are unintentionally complicit with the kind of misogyny that rewards women who support the status quo and punishes women who challenge male dominance. Most men don’t see what is right in front of their eyes.”
- Some people are dealing with the shock and reality of catching COVID-19 after being vaccinated. The numbers of “breakthrough” infections are right on par with what was expected, and the vast majority lead to mild cases. But it does a psychological number on those who have been so careful for so long and were just starting to feel safe.
- A reminder that there is no such thing as a “low-skill” worker, but there are systemic problems in the American employment market.
- This one is from last year but it did just come across my feed… why police unions are not actually a part of the labor movement
- What we on the internet have been saying for ages… dangerous extremists weaponize humor, sarcasm, and irony to mask dangerous rhetoric.
- In some good news… a very helpful look at an anti-vax mom and social media influencer who decided that it was time to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Keep in touch with us via the Skepchick Discord or reach us through our Contact Form.
You must log in to post a comment.