Hello, all! It’s been quiet around here… I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m already behind on grading and it’s week 2 of the semester. Hooray? Okay, here are some stories that have very little to do with anything big actually happening right now, but I do need a break so…
- The “Florence Y’all’s” is my favorite new baseball team name, via Celia
- Having not played Untitled Goose Game but having seen so many memes, I’m delighted to see that it’s in the running for its own Lego set. Untitled Goose is all of us somehow… Thanks, Emily, with link to vote for it via Topher.
- I don’t entirely agree with the headline or subtitle of this piece, but I do think it’s an interesting exercise science read on how to achieve a pull-up, even if you think you can never be “strong enough.” From my experience hanging from a bar (I have yet to do one but I’m getting closer!), it is not just brute strength, but truly a learned technique with a lot of moving parts. It still doesn’t make it a good test of “fitness,” but it feels pretty sweet to pull your head over the bar anyway. Unfortunately, Scaled T-Rex still can’t even reach the bar… Thanks, B!
It’s Cute Animal Friday!
- Surprising face of “Lamb of God” is really only surprising if you haven’t looked too closely at how creepy sheep eyes are. Also from Emily. (You can start down a rabbit hole about animal eye pupils if you want…)
- Geese “chase” an alligator off of a golf course and for some reason the article does NOT reference Untitled Goose Game. But theres video. Thanks Ian!
Okay, I’ll get my act together next week and get some real stories in here. Cheers!