Quickies: A good week for Indigenous rights, a well-named law, and kung fun nuns…
... plus cute animal Friday
- Big news out of Oklahoma as the Supreme Court rules that the Muscogee (Creek) Nation was never dissolved, affirming tribal sovereignty. H/t Ryan from MAL for sharing this.
- In a victory for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and water protectors, the Dakota Access Pipeline has been ordered shutdown pending environmental review. However, the pipeline continues to operate as the company believes the judge “exceeded his authority.”
- San Francisco is considering a law to make racially biased 911 calls illegal, and the acronym actually spells out CAREN. h/t catherwood.
- “Kung Fu Nuns” of Kathmandu fight for gender equality and human rights. h/t Muscadine.
And now for Cute Animal Friday, all via Muscadine:
- Reba the chicken escapes via Instacart
- Eros, the chocolate lab, makes personal grocery deliveries
- A firefly show in Japan shines on, despite a lack of spectators. You can enjoy a similar show below
You must log in to post a comment.