Skepchick Quickies 9.12
Mary September 12, 2012
Today in 1952 was the first reported sighting of the Flatwoods Monster in West Virginia. I’m not going to give away the secret because this is a fun read, especially at the end when Joe Nickell from the CSI gets involved!
- The Science of Pomato Plants and Fruit Salad Trees – From Elyse.
- Don’t Ask Don’t Tell Repeal Has Had Zero Negative Effects on the Military
- Heavy Teens Eat Less But Weigh More Than Their Thinner Peers – I was a skinny teenager once and this was definitely true for me. Metabolism!
- Private school vaccine opt-outs rise – Some schools have vaccination rates of less than 50%. Scary.
- Why does coffee never taste as good as it smells? – I add so much milk and sugar that it always tastes good to me!
- Bestselling Fantasy Author Writes Icky Sexist Blog Posts
Mary Brock is a scientist who works on drugs you've hopefully never heard of. She enjoys cooking to Blue Grass music, messing with her cats, and hosting the Boston Skeptics' Book Club. She was born in the South but loves living in New England (despite the lack of chocolate chip pizza). Mary does not use Twitter and don't even try to follow her, because she is always looking over her shoulder.