Good morning, friends! I have great news this morning: only five more Tuesdays until this unbearable election season is over. Hopefully the coinciding sense of crushing existential dread can go with it! Since it can be difficult to find election news (LOL), here’s your Tuesday morning political dump:
- Today is the last day to register to vote in Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio, Texas, Georgia, Michigan, South Carolina, New Mexico, Indiana, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Washington DC. Not sure if you’re registered? What are you waiting for, someone to hand the nuclear keys over to a bloviating orange gremlin? Check here!
- MoveOn.org has a petition asking NBC and MGM to release damning tapes from Trump’s days on The Apprentice. The tapes are currrently being held hostage by NBC, and in particular Mark Burnett – Apprentice executive producer, and Donald Trump BFF. In addition to the petition, some are asking billionaire/(best) NBA team owner Mark Cuban to front the legal fees. How cool is it that powerful people in the media can simply halt the spread of information by threatening crushing monetary action against whistleblowers? But please, tell me more about the liberal media conspiracy…
- Lindy West was in the New York Times (not sure if you’ve heard of it) this weekend channeling women’s collective experiences into a blistering essay about the now-infamous “Grab Them By the Pussy!” tapes. The essay is 3 parts battle cry, 3 parts raw emotion, and 10,000 parts YASSSS. <insert clapping emoji>
- Kurt Eichenwald has an open letter to Donald Trump in which he details how he’s at the center of a Russian disinformation campaign that Trump is happily going along with. In an election season where facts mattered in the slightest, this would probably actually be pretty big news!
- In the spirit of open letters to Trump, here’s another from former NFL punter (and current #WokeBae), Chris Kluwe. In it he writes, “Dear Donald Trump: I played in the NFL. Here’s what we really talk about in the locker room.” Kluwe’s righteous rage comes out full force as he writes, “Now, Donald, I’m sure you’re wondering just what it is we talk about in a professional locker room, if we don’t spend all our time regarding 50 percent of the population as mobile fuck receptacles eagerly awaiting our tiny-handed grasp on their love lapels. I shall educate you!” Chris Kluwe is without a doubt the best thing the NFL ever gave us.
Featured Image by Marc Nozell.