Quickies: Wearing hijab, prehistoric buzzsaw fish, and ancient arachnid erections
- Yes, this prehistoric fish actually had a buzzsaw of spiraling teeth – “Nicknamed the “buzzsaw shark,” this 270 million-year-old creature is actually an extinct relative of the ratfish called a Helicoprion. Its bizarre tooth arrangement has confused scientists for over a century, but one artist finally got it right.” From criticaldragon1177.
- After Texas stopped funding Planned Parenthood, low-income women had more babies – “The analysis, published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine, documents a significant increase in births among women who had previously received birth control at clinics that no longer get state funding.”
- Wearing hijab: On truth, fear, and empowerment – “I’m good at emitting a strong aura of no fucks given, but the real softness of me is there for anyone to see in the intricate folds of my hijab surrounding my face.”
- Ancient arachnid erection enshrined in amber – I wasn’t supposed to resist that headline, was I?
- Cute Animal Friday! I love the roly-poly-ness of wombats. Kitties practicing extreme napping.