Quickies: Male sexual assault survivors, morphine in “herbal” cough syrup, and militants
- Male survivors of sexual assault speak out – “On top of the erasure of men’s experiences of sexual violence, often the loudest men talking about men who have experienced rape and sexual assault are self-labeled Mens Rights Activists (MRAs). But instead of creating a safe space for men to speak about their experiences, or working to rid the world of its toxic masculinity constructs as one might imagine supposed-advocates for men would, MRAs use a perceived lack of dialogue on male rape as a weapon against victims of every other gender.”
- “Herbal” cough syrup recalled because its secret ingredient is morphine – From cerberus40.
- Star Wars toymakers were specifically directed to exclude Rey – “According to an industry insider, the dearth of Rey merchandise for The Force Awakens was no accident — it was an intentional decision.” From Jamie.
- Militants bulldoze through Native American archeological site, rifle through artifacts – “Armed militants at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge continue to damage both the delicate ecosystem of the refuge and archeological sites of critical importance to the Burns Paiute Tribe. Amanda Peacher from Oregon Public Broadcasting shared photos of what appeared to be a new road in the refuge and got confirmation that not only is the road new, it goes through a vitally important area.”
- Cute Animal Friday! A happy, leaping weasel. And look at the teeny tiny baby tiger cubs!
As if the fed’s already didn’t have enough reason to kick the Bundy Loser Posse off their land. Seriously Yall Queda, just give up already, the government is not going to free people already convicted of arson on federal lands, and they’re not going to give you and other ranchers a permanent pass when it comes to the breaking the law.
On the bright side, the Bundys have inspired me to make a Magic card.
Feel free to make your own at MTG Cardsmith. Just make sure to credit other people’s artwork.
And hey look at me, I made a sorta Mudhole that actually does something.
Yeah, the MRAs are the worst. If you’re talking about sexual assault, and you spend all your time complaining about ‘those girls’ who ‘falsely’ (the scare quotes are there for a reason) accuse men of sexual assault, we really have a problem.
The DOJ needs to issue a statement to Vanilla ISIS that they will be coming in 6 hours (while stopping all incoming traffic to keep them from bringing in their kids as shields like they did in Nevada) and will arrest anyone who is on the premises with seditious conspiracy and that if the arresting officers are harmed in anyway it will be seen as an act of war with all that would entail (read drone strikes).
Unfortunately I saw this coming when BLM agents backed off of Cliven Bundy’s Nevada ranch back in April 2014, it gave these “sovereign citizen” type assholes the illusion that they have some sort of valid point. The rich irony being that their supposed sovereignty is directly trampling the rights of indigenous peoples who truly do have sovereignty, and since they are now reportedly “handing out” artifacts that were keep at the refuge they are breaking the laws of more than one nation. These fucking assholes want the government to “give them back” the land that wasn’t theirs to begin with because their ancestors stole it first, more proof that these nimrods care about nobody but themselves.
The relevant section of law to charge them is from Title 18 U.S. Code § 2384 – Seditious conspiracy
And it reads (bolding mine): If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
I’m sure there is plenty more to charge them with (theft and destruction of government property, violations of The Archaeological Resources Protection Act and The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, being major buttmunches, etc.) but this is easy to prove since they provided the documentation themselves.
I’ve been calling them Ham Ass, personally. They’re LDS (meaning they think Indians are lost Jews), and they have the same rationale for why they consider it ‘their’ land that a lot of naïve white liberals use to include Palestinians as ‘indigenous people’.
To be fair, morphine is an effective cough suppressant, and if it was one of my ingredients I’d want to keep it secret too.
Lack of regulations y’all, gotta love it.
You must log in to post a comment.