Quickies: Trump’s Vitamin Company, the Double Standard of the Opioid Epidemic, and Parenting with Technology
- Aliens, Pyramids, and Granaries? What on Earth Was Ben Carson Thinking? – Were the pyramids built to store grain? Did aliens design them? According to Ben Carson, scientists may never know.
- Donald Trump and the vitamin company that went bust – “For about two years, a STAT investigation has found, The Trump Network sold customized vitamins and scientific testing kits, claiming they would yield health benefits. But according to many outside experts, the network was selling bad science.”
- The slowed-down Chipmunks are both brilliant and terrifying – I’m just including this one for the hell of it. Give it a listen!
- Sympathy is for white people: The “60 Minutes” segment that highlights America’s startling double standard on addiction – “In the United States, rates of drug use are comparable across racial groups. But, black and brown people are incarcerated at much higher rates for these offenses than whites. And as was seen in New York’s ‘stop and frisk’ program, while white people may have a higher chance of having drugs on their person, people of color are more likely to be harassed and arrested.”
- Parents: Reject Technology Shame – “The advantages of helping kids learn to navigate the digital world, rather than shielding them from it.”