On May 20, 1932, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- I Don’t Want to be Right – A New Yorker piece on why incorrect beliefs persist.
- The Last King of the American Middlebrow – “Who is Alex Trebek? For starters, he eats Snickers for breakfast and watches Fox News backstage.” I would not have guessed the Fox News thing, but I’m still a fan of his.
- Pat Sajak’s vicious climate change denial, and the world of conservative game show hosts – Well huh. At least this piece ends with, “In any event, we can only hope that ‘Billy on the Street’ host Billy Eichner doesn’t have any secretly-held beliefs about climate change.”
- USDA expanding use of wasp to fight citrus greening in California – Farmers are breeding tiny parasitic wasps to help fight a crop disease.
- “Men explaining things to me had been happening my whole life”: The author behind “mansplaining” on the origin of her famous term – An interview with Rebecca Solnit.