Today is April 14th, and I just want to take a minute to remind you that if you’re up really late tonight (or rather, early tomorrow), you might see the lunar eclipse! Is anyone planning on watching for it?
- Jenny McCarthy: “I’m Not ‘Anti-Vaccine’” – Phil Plait (and everyone else) disagrees with Jenny McCarthy on her latest position on vaccines.
- The New Face of Heroin – “The explosion of drugs like OxyContin has given way to a heroin epidemic ravaging the least likely corners of America – like bucolic Vermont, which has just woken up to a full-blown crisis.”
- How An Ohio Housewife Flew Around The World, Made History, And Was Then Forgotten – “Jerrie Mock was a 38-year-old Ohio housewife from Columbus, Ohio, when, 50 years ago this week, she accomplished what Amelia Earhart is famous for having failed to do. But in the decades since, as Mock’s life began to unravel, history all but forgot the pilot who made it.”
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community – At least one person has called the police thinking that the statue was an actual homeless person.
- Polyamory works for us – “Our lives and loves sound complicated, and the world doesn’t really understand — but the truth is quite simple.”