On February 19th, 1963, Betty Friedan published The Feminine Mystique, awakening the demon Misandor, who went on to fight Patriachzilla as he stomped through Tokyo. (Only one of those things actually happened.) Legend has it that if you read aloud from the sacred feminist text, you’ll summon the ancient Yogshetoth. (Muhaha!)
- Meet the Woman Who Straight-Up Rocks a Beard – Despite facing a lot of horribleness, this woman remains awesome.
- A State-by-State Look at Where Kids Are Not Being Vaccinated – Stay away from the natural grocery stores in Oregon, or at least keep your kids away from there until they have all their shots! From Paul.
- At Evangelical College, Woman Who Was Assaulted Is “Responsible for What Happened to Her” – I’m sure the men involved were just looking for Jesus and stumbled on the way. Trigger warning for descriptions of sexual assault.
- Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People – “Narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic.” From Bob A.
- Collaborating With People Like Me: Ethnic co-authorship within the US – Basically, papers with more diverse authorship were found to correlate with being cited more often and being considered to be “better” papers than those authored by authors of the all the same ethnicity. From Jamie.
- Latest terrible viral stunt: The homophobic hoax – I actually thought that birthday-invite-homophobic-rant hoax was real. Good thing for followup stories!