February 24, 2011, was the final launch of Space Shuttle Discovery. Nowadays, the only way to get to the International Space Station is via the Soyuz (which is covered in February’s book club pick.)
- NSF Report Flawed; Americans Do Not Believe Astrology is Scientific – The confusion lies with the test design and people who possibly have mixed up the difference between astronomy and astrology.
- Politics of Mental Health Complex crises occupied Walker staff – How Scott Walker’s aides feel about abuse in mental health institutes (trigger warning). From Jon B.
- Doxxing Internet babes: “She wanted it” – “The latest female victim of online outings: An Olympic volunteer who dared to be attractive in public.” Yeah, if a woman doesn’t want random dudes to creep on her, she shouldn’t exist in public. That’ll show her!
- For the First Time, Women Outnumber Men in a UC-Berkeley Computer Science Course – From Mindy.
- The Philosophical Breakfast Club #253 – Check out this podcast episode of “Science for the People”! This one features our own Surly Amy and Melanie.