On January 13, 1968, Johnny Cash, the Man in Black, performed live at Folsom Prison. Now’s the part where I admit that I haven’t listened to the album, but I did like that one scene from the biopic! Also, here’s an article about how he was an advocate for prison reform.
- Can Everyone Stop Freaking Out Over Which Bathroom Transgender People Use? – “Transgender folk harassing people is not a thing. Repeat. Not. A. Thing. But telling lies about transgender folk harassing people is a thing. People harassing transgender folks is also a thing. Transgender folk deserve restroom rights.” From Veronica.
- Chewbacca’s behind-the-scenes photos: The Star Wars cast like never seen before – Teenage me just fainted with excitement after seeing this article.
- Mira Schor Investigates What The Home Means To Contemporary Women Artists – A famous project from the 1970’s that is being re-evaluated. (Personally, I love ’70’s feminist art.) From Amy.
- What Happens to All the Salt We Dump On the Roads? – Interesting article–at least they’re coming up with alternatives. From miserlyoldman.
- The Dark Side Of Kale (And How To Eat Around It) – Ha! Finally, a good reason to eat some cake instead of a kale shake. (Right?)