On November 6, 1856, George Eliot (a.k.a. Mary Anne Evans) submitted her first piece of fiction for publication. She chose to publish under a male pseudonym so that her work would be taken seriously. (Good thing we’ve made so much progress since then!)
- List of Reasons for Admission to an Insane Asylum from the Late 1800s – From Eric.
- “Saturday Night Live” and Richard Pryor: The untold story behind “SNL’s” edgiest sketch ever – I was engrossed in this story.
- China Only Has One Time Zone—And That’s a Problem – “The Communist Party’s decision to use Beijing time across the country, done to enhance ‘national unity,’ has backfired in Xinjiang.” How could this possibly go wrong?
- Behold the HORRIFYING robot baby that was too creepy for Twilight – Eek! From Andy.
- Of Mice and Micro-organs – Hm, maybe a viable alternative to animal testing!
- Life and Death in Assisted Living – Don’t dismiss issues that affect the elderly–you may be there one day too.