Skepchick Quickies 10.25
- How a radical new teaching method could unleash a generation of geniuses – From Mary.
- Etsy pulls rape-promoting shirts from site amid outcry – From Amy.
- Why I won’t call myself a slut – “When only white women like Miley are defending against “slut-shaming,” I have no interest in reclaiming the word.” From Zarra.
- XKCD’s take on the Monty Hall problem – Yay goats!
- Cute Animal Friday! From Felicia, discourse on the otter which makes me a very happy nerd. And from Mary, baby sloths!
The story of Juarez Correa and his students, especially Paloma made me cry. It was so moving that he made such a profound difference in such a short time. There is a lot that educators could learn from this story. I have been an engineer for 32+ years and have been working to get more students at all levels to consider education and careers in STEM. This story inspires me!
You must log in to post a comment.