Skepchick Quickies 10.11
- Pink makes women take breast cancer less seriously, not more – “Stefano Puntoni and his colleagues found that when women were exposed to gender cues, like the color pink, they were less likely than women who had not been primed with a gender cue to think that they might someday get breast cancer and to say that they’d be willing to donate to the cause.”
- The tribe has broken: How sexism is silently killing “Survivor” – From Ginger and miserlyoldman.
- Alzheimer’s breakthrough hailed as turning point – “The discovery of the first chemical to prevent the death of brain tissue in a neurodegenerative disease has been hailed as the “turning point” in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.” From Amy.
- Threading and the appreciation of the lady-mustache – “My own mother shrieked with laughter when I mentioned I might grow my eyebrows out (thanks, Mum) and I don’t have the courage to saunter outside with facial hair.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Look at how cute this wild ass foal is. And since it’s seasonally appropriate, cats in Halloween costumes.
#4 reminds me of Balpreet Kaur, a Sikh girl whose picture got passed around Reddit for laughs. Her response was so open and sincere that the guy who first posted her pic posted a public apology. Hm, the few Sikhs I’ve met IRL have all been really nice people too.
You must log in to post a comment.