On August 8, 1909, four women (including Alice Huyler Ramsey) became the first women to drive a car across the USA when they took an epic road trip from New York to San Francisco. It took 59 days. I bet it was fun to hang around these women! Oh also, only 152 miles of the 3900 mile trek were paved. Dang!
- The Mysteriously Long Lives of Male Holocaust Survivors – “Why has one of the most traumatized populations in the world led longer lives?”
- Dear White People: Could You Please Do Something About Your Scarier White People? – Haha, seriously y’all! From Will.
- How Long Until I Never Have to Leave Home Again? – This actually doesn’t sound that bad (to me). But then again, I am a homebody.
- An Open Apology to All of My Weight Loss Clients – I enjoyed this post a lot. And I also enjoy not feeling the need to “diet” anymore. From Moniqa.
- The rich really are different: Their bodies contain unique chemical pollutants – Interesting!
- “I’m Sick of Talking about Sexual Harassment!” – Read Karen Stollznow’s article if you haven’t already. Preach it! From Amy.
- It’s Now Possible to Hire Fake Protesters – Why am I surprised by this. Ugh.
- 5 Dumb Myths About Prehistoric Times That Everyone Believes – A lot of this was also mentioned in Paleofantasy, our previous-month’s Book Club pick. From CriticalDragon1177.
BONUS: Conan Delivers the Crazy Rhubarb Lady Parody the Internet Deserves (hahah definitely watch this if you want to end on a happy note today).