On August 26, 1791, John Fitch was granted a US patent for the steamboat. Without this invention, I wouldn’t be humming “Proud Mary” right now. Or maybe I would, and it would be about a speedboat or something.
- The problematic privilege of being anti-vaccine – Another interesting viewpoint about this issue. From Stacey.
- About a Boy: Transgender surgery at sixteen.
- From Gunpowder to Teeth Whitener: The Science Behind Historic Uses of Urine – Or as I call it, Nature’s Gatorade. (jkjk!)
- How to Encourage More College Sexual Assault Victims to Speak Up – “Schools should promise strong punishments for assailants and offer victims a voice in the process.”
- Move Over, Dove. “Orange Is The New Black” Celebrates Real Women – And now I have the theme song playing in my head again.