Today is a bad day for witches, apparently. On August 19, 1612, the Samlesbury Witches (in England) were put on trial (accused by someone with the last name “Sowerbutts.”) Coincidentally, on the same day in 1692, five people accused of witchcraft were executed during the Salem Witch Trials.
- I hate Strong Female Characters – “No one ever asks if a male character is ‘strong’. Nor if he’s ‘feisty,’ or ‘kick-ass’ come to that.” True that.
- Extraordinary Nonsense – “It’s time to address a few of the more spectacular claims that emerged from the anti-feminist crowd last week.” Preach! From Amy.
- Deadly Sea Lion Mystery Draws Biologists to Remote Island in Search of Clues.
- Interview with famed skeptic/trigger warning Michael Shermer – Ah, it’s good to start the day with a laugh. :) From Amy.
- In Disney’s Planes, the Guys Soar While the Girls Get Left in the Dust – And of course, the “girl plane” is pink.
- BioWare writer received death threats to family – Seriously? Haven’t death threats jumped the shark by now? Don’t the trolls have something else to do? From Moniqa.
- Even little kids have a wage gap – “Girls do more housework than boys — and they make less in allowance for what they do.” From Stephan.