On August 14, 1975, The Rocky Horror Picture Show opened in Los Angeles, California. I’ve never seen it in a theater, have any of you?
- Postmodern geekdom as simulated ethnicity – Fascinating and geeky. From Angela.
- Merchants of Meth: How Big Pharma Keeps the Cooks in Business – Wow, I didn’t even think about this angle. And yet, I like being able to buy a decongestant without a prescription.
- When a Woman on TV Is in Distress, She Cuts Her Hair Off – Huh, I had never noticed that before, but it’s true.
- Refugees of the Modern World: The “electrosensitive” are moving to a cellphone-free town. But is their disease real?
- Some of the Greatest, Most Popular Comic Books Are Feminist – Seriously, if you write comics and you can’t create more than one good female character, you’re just lazy.
BONUS: A Captivating GIF of Anthony Weiner’s Pulsating Jaw. Haha, I don’t know why I can’t look away. Also, for Breaking Bad fans: See the Animated Version of Badger’s Star Trek Pie-Eating Story. I love Badger and I thought this was one of his best moments.