On March 20, 1852, the first edition of Uncle Tom’s Cabin was published. It went from being recognized as an anti-slavery novel to criticized for its use of stereotypes (in modern times).
- Responses to the Steubenville Verdict Reveal Rape Culture – Of course, this is not surprising, but it is a good collection of (horrible) responses.
- New poll finds the majority of women voters consider themselves feminists – From Veronica.
- Henry Rollins Reminds Everyone That Outrage Won’t Be Enough to Prevent Another Steubenville – I really like him.
- I Am The Blogger Who Allegedly “Complicated” The Steubenville Gang Rape Case — And I Wouldn’t Change a Thing – From Margie.
- Baby, You Can’t Drive My Car: Why does the auto industry get women so wrong? – I will only consider buying a car if it has a special compartment for my purse and driving hat.
- What PTSD is – From Mark.
- Dangerous Minds: Criminal profiling made easy – What do you think of this?
- The House Across From Westboro Baptist Is Getting a Rainbow Pride Paint Job Right Now – From Mindy.
- 5 Ways Statistics Are Used to Lie to You Every Day – From cerberus40.
BONUS: I’ll bet you didn’t know you needed this. I scoffed until I saw the cinnamon things.