Skepchick Quickies 10.5
- Republicans out Democrat in World of Warcraft witch hunt – Way to attract that youth vote, Republicans! From Michael.
- Girl talk: Architect Barbie – Will it help or hurt getting girls interested in being architects?
- What’s putting girls off A-levels physics? – “The argument that girls “just don’t like physics” won’t wash as an explanation for the miserable A level statistics in a recent report.”
- “Fanged vampire parrot” identified as new dinosaur species – “US palaeontologist Paul Sereno says Pegomastax africanus ate only plants but used unusual teeth to ward off predators.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Sleepy squirrel babies! A trifecta of baby marsupials! These animals are all worried about you. (And don’t forget if you’re looking at these at work, you’re boosting productivity!)
Colleen Lachowicz. Wrong on defense, wrong for Azeroth.
So the Republican line is Real Guns Good, Virtual Weapons Bad?
I bet Colleen Lachowicz listens to rock-and-roll music too.
The truth is, I don’t think most people will care what Colleen Lachowicz does in World of Warcraft, at least not most people who would vote for her anyway. Are they just desperate or something?
Are the Republicans so desperate that they now have to be against women that are in the gaming community too?
That she’s a politician should have no bearing on this.
They’re just being dumb and are giving me more reasons to not vote for them (like I need any more).
And then there’s this from the the third article:
“How often have girls been told by boys that physics is not for them? Or that they’ll never get a boyfriend if they are so unfeminine as to like physics? Or, perhaps worst of all, that it isn’t cool for a girl to enjoy the subject”
It’s beyond me why any guy would say any of these things to girls in physics classes.
I can only hope my cousins fare better in their schools (one is almost finished, the other just starting).
“[Colleen Lachowicz is] also a level 85 orc in the massively popular online game “World of Warcraft.”
…well, my Mage is at lv. 87 currently. So I guess I am 2 more levels unfit for public office. :(
I also play World of Warcraft. Here is my main character in it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/Bichorak/simple
And here is a blog entry I made about recent events there:
Just because you play an online role playing game does not mean you are unfit for public office, nor does it excuse corrupt and/or bigoted behavior towards other players in the game. Last I heard, the player whose cheating I exposed got his account wiped by Blizzard.
Architect Barbie – puh-leeze. Barbie’s influence is over-estimated by people who don’t actually play with dolls.
Well I’m not quite sure if I’d be able to vote for a Horde. Maybe that’s the approach they’re going for?
But in all seriousness she’s level 85, meaning she has likely not even touched the new expansion. You’d think if they’re trying to spin her off as a crazy gamer who has no life or time for office that they’d at least do their research.
You must log in to post a comment.