Happy Labor Day, everyone! On September 3rd, 1976, the Viking 2 landed on Mars to take pictures, analyze soil, and search for life. You can read more about that here.
- Fun With Christianists: Things You Can Learn in a Christian ‘World History & Cultures’ Textbook (Part 1) – From bibliotequetress.
- The Throwaways – “Police enlist young offenders as confidential informants. But the work is high-risk, largely unregulated, and sometimes fatal.”
- Bagged lettuce or bulk? Experts offer food safety advice – So far I’ve given up cantaloupes, mangoes, and lettuce. Are there any foods you’re afraid of?
- Ancient Human Kin’s DNA Code Illuminates Rise of Brains
- 9 Scientific Breakthroughs That Happened Totally by Accident
- I’m Comic Sans, Asshole – A classic imagined monologue from McSweeney’s. I enjoyed it and I’m not even a font geek.