On August 27th, 1875, American biologist, suffragist, philanthropist, and all-around great person Katharine (Dexter) McCormick was born. She was the first woman to graduate from MIT with a bachelor of science degree, and in later years she used her substantial inheritance to fund research for the birth control pill. She also gave money to MIT to build the Stanley McCormick Hall to house female students because there was not much housing for women and so her dorm helped to increase the presence of women on the campus.
- How To Say LOL In 14 Different Languages – wwwww, kkkkkkkk, 555555, and more!
- How Children Learn: Portraits of Classrooms Around the World
- “Naked Darth Vader” is the most bizarre science press release we’ve ever seen – There’s not much else I can say about this. From Andy C.
- Welcome to Hell: Philadelphia Has a Serious Case of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Growing disbelief – The rise of atheism in the US.
- Can Identical Twins Get Away With Murder? – From Mark H.