Skepchick Quickies 4.26
- Posing like a man – You may remember Jim Hines' earlier post on posing like a woman. Now he responds to, "But men are objectified too!"
- G-spot anatomy found in cadaver – But just one cadaver. So scientists, get out there and do more dissecting! From Kirsten.
- Free vaccine class with Paul Offit – A gaggle of Skepchicks have signed up, have you?
- Holistic research or quackery – The University of Aberdeen is considering establishing a chair to be funded primarily by an anthroposophical clinic. Edzard Ernst explains why anthroposoophical "medicine" is BS. From Glenn.
- Cute Animal Thursday! This week, we have something special. Surly Amy just got a new puppy named Rocket, so below the fold you'll find some of the photos that have been making the Skepchicks squee all week. (And yes, I'm a day early. Oh well, puppies for everyone!)
I don't object to cute animals any day of the week (in fact, that was my suggestion on the recent survey), but I wanted to point out that today is Thursday. :)
*headdesk* We have now officially reached the portion of the semester where I don't know what day it is. But still, have some puppy pics. Obviously, my brain needed a cute break and decided to share it with you all. :)
Thanks for sharing. Here's a head start for tomorrow:
This vaccine course is awesome! My parents were anti-vax, but after I got all of mine needed to leave for university. Since then I've been looking for a long-form information session.
re G-Spot: Jeez, would it kill 'em to draw a diagram?
LOL. Jim Hines. This is why I love the internet.
I am just guessing that Amy has sung Rocket Man a few times this week. To her dog.
Yes! It's his official theme song but we often change the lyrics to "Rocket dog" and we sing about what he is trying to destroy with his tiny monster teeth.
Why the name Rocket fits him:
Ok one more and I will go… Happy cute animal Thursday! Love, Rocket
I swear LAST one but just look at that nose and little paw. Awwwwww SO FREAKIN CUTE!
There will never be too many puppy pictures. So cute!
Is he a Basenji? Soooooo cute either way.
Also I totally make up puppy-based lyrics to songs and sing them to my dog… glad I'm not alone in that.
Guessing Chihuahua with a touch 'o Jack Russell? And you are so not alone with the puppy serenading!
Rocket is supposedly what is called a Decker Terrier which is a "big Rat Terrier" which itself is an oxymoron. And it's a "breed" that has only sorta started existing since the 70's when people started breeding rat terriers with bigger dogs like Basenji. So good eye on that! In actuality, I believe he is an absolutely freakin' adorable glorified mutt.
You must log in to post a comment.