Skepchick Quickies, 3.16
- The Bad Science Effect – from Angela D
- First Neutrino Message Sent Through Rock; Could One Travel Back In Time?
- The fantastic Phil Ferguson is donating for each individual protesting Planned Parenthood.
- NASA Girls Mentoring Intiative – From Jen
- Jesus watches the Bachelor (from Elyse) and arm-wrestles Satan on cars. Dude!
- And boy do I love covering Cute Animal Fridays! I mean, I don't even like cats that much but check out this endangered African black-footed kitten that was born to a domestic cat. Also, watch this cat deal with a vicious puppy attack. And a new species of frog has been discovered not hiding at all in NYC.
'We Have No Choice': One Woman's Ordeal with Texas' New Sonogram Law
That's fucked up, that shit needs to end now.
It's not going to end; it's only going to get worse.
Those who are anti-choice are not working to end Roe V. Wade <i>directly</i>; they are trying to legislate abortion so much that it is nearly impossible for anyone to actually get (unless you are rich, of course).
Yeah, but fuck those children and those mothers once they're out of the womb. They can starve to death on the street.
There's gotta be a way to turn this around.
That first article is by the awesome Geof Pullum of the also-awesome Language Log blog, which does lots of language debunking. Awesome for any grammar-nerd skeptics out there.
Came across this today and thought to post it: http://www.questionablecontent.net/
You must log in to post a comment.