Hello all! Last night, I staged an elaborate hostile takeover at Skepchick HQ and am now TOTALLY IN CHARGE OF THE QUICKIES. Be nice and tell me how much you love me in the comments or you’ll NEVER SEE JEN AGAIN. MWAA HAAA HAAA HAA…
(I’m kidding. She’ll be back. I’m just covering for her. Don’t panic or send me hate mail. She’s fine. Really. I’ll post a photo of her holding up today’s newspaper.)
- The JREF has posted it’s annual Pigasus awards for the 5 Worst Promoters of Nonsense.
- Fast food and coffee combined make for a particularly bad combination. (from Madfishmonger) I might be in trouble.
- Pregnant woman suffering from a major depressive disorder, attempted to take her own life and was arrested, jailed, and charged with murder and attempted feticide.
- Richard Wiseman busts a ghost via Twitter. I love the crowdsourcing aspect of this bit of investigation.
- There’s a new anti-vax reporter in town. – “she pimps a truly horrible “review” of the evidence base regarding whether vaccines cause or predispose to autism.”
- The Military Atheists and Secular Humanist group (MASH) gets some great AP coverage and spreads the message that there *are* atheists in foxholes.
- And since I can’t post anything without a hat-tip to Tim Farley, here’s his latest article on the “Web of Trust” and its uses as a Skeptical tool.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming!