Amanda wanted to be here to do her regular quickies, but she’s doing all the other Skepchicks’ taxes. So, it’s on me! Here ya go:
- The government of Madrid has declared that Catholics can march on Easter weekend, but atheists can’t. From Daniela, who I’ve now met at TAM London and NECSS but who still hasn’t arranged for me to give a talk somewhere in Spain despite the fact that I don’t speak Spanish.
- General Mills sued over misleading yogurt health claims. Enjoy reading a thousand different ways to say “Yogurt doesn’t make you poop better” without actually saying “Yogurt doesn’t make you poop better.” Thanks, jes3ica!
- Woman, know thy place: a fantastic essay by Paula Kirby on how religions keep women down.
- PowerBalance gets yet another lawsuit, and now they’re moving on to “Western” “technology.” I was unaware that bullshit had a cardinal direction.
- Cute animal Friday! Brian sent us CuteRoulette (warning: you’ll get very little done today) and Emory sent us this stinkbug that looks like Elvis.
- A note for those who want the Quickie links to appear on the main page like they used to, don’t worry, we’re working on it!