Are you an artist with a skeptical perspective? Or a science nerd with a creative streak? Well, good news! We’ve just launched Mad Art Lab, a site dedicated to exploring the intersection where art meets science and skepticism.
Like Skepchick, Mad Art Lab is a group effort. The team will be led by Skepchick’s own artist-in-residence Surly Amy, and will include a diverse group of webcomic and fine artists, musicians, composers, and performance artists, with the occasional guest post by other well-known skeptical artists. They’ll be posting there to introduce themselves soon, though you’ll already recognize a few familiar names.
Since MAL is a sister site, you can post there using your Skepchick account. It does have a separate RSS though, so be sure to add it to your reader.
To celebrate the debut of the new site, we’re holding a contest: create the new Mad Art Lab logo! Here are the details:
- Create a new logo using the name of the site: Mad Art Lab
- The final logo should be at a high enough resolution for printing
- Ideally the size/ratio should be approximately 2800×1000
- Use any color, but be prepared to provide a black and white version
- Submit the logo to curator (at) madartlab.com by March 31, 2011
That’s it! The winner will have their logo displayed on the site with full credit in the site footer, plus you’ll receive a free Surlyramics necklace from Amy. So what are you waiting for, artistic types? Get going!