Skepchick Quickies 1.22
- Homeopathy websites prosecuted for false & misleading advertising – “Two websites run by Homeopathy Plus! have been ordered to remove misleading and unverified information pertaining to homeopathic immunisation and flu treatment, following a ruling by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.”Â
- Former Prime Minister of Malaysia says 9/11 was staged – From Sydney.
- Some of man’s most important inventions – From Lauren, “God makes the list but is bested by the inclined plane.”
- White blood cell chasing a bacterium – You can almost hear the om nom nom.
- Cute Animal Friday! Speaking of om nom noms, Carrie and Nicole both lurve this wee turtle. I can haz science? Glow-Orb wants you to spend all day watching Shiba Inu puppy cam. And my answer to Carrie’s AI is: Arabian sand kittens.
Yaay! Cincinnati is represented in Cute Animal Friday! Go Sand Cats!
Uh… dude? Avatar was a movie. But then, maybe Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s quote was totally staged. After all, if one large group of people made Avatar, then another completely unrelated group of people can make anything.
And who are these “they” that he speaks of, exactly? They sound pretty talented!
The list of important inventions is blocked at my work, but I’m gonna say toilet paper should be at the very top. It’s something that really gets overlooked easily, but you’d miss it pretty fast if you had none. I think this would be a good topic for an AI (important but overlooked inventions, not toilet paper specifically).
Thane Maynard is an awesome name. I wish I could tell people I work in a cathouse.
@catgirl: My work filter let me at the list (on the Onion) but blocked the turtle as erotic/sex. Gonna get me a call from HR on that one.
Re: The Onion Article and EZ Cheez.
This person has obviously never seen the most glorious creation ever: Spray cans of pancake batter.
I repeat: Spray cans of pancake batter. I have pictures of this in my phone, because I knew I would have to prove it.
This blows spray cheese RIGHT. OUT. OF. THE. WATER.
I am surprised the manufacturers of this are not lobbying Congress for the legalization of marijuana.
God is a multipurpose tool…. my thoughts exactly.
@Mark Hall: Iâ€™ll bet you could spray that straight into hot oil and make your own summer carnival food!
@PrimevilKneivel: My niece posted on Facebook that she had a job interview at The Cathouse. I was a bit concerned until I found out it was a restaurant in Vegas where she lives and is a pastry chef.
Did anyone else see the ringer tee marking on the sand kitten in the video?
When I read the “Avatar” bit, at first I was amused. Then I got angry at the idea that killing innocent people to provide an excuse for war is a common practice in American history. So I was mad at Mr. Muhammad. Then I read the comments on the article, and got mad at bigots and truthers.
Now I just feel sad and fatalistic. We’re doomed. We can’t possibly have a high tech civilization when the stupid alert is permanently stuck on red.
God lost to easy cheese. I just love that. It makes me happy. And this hasn’t been a week with a lot of happy in it.
(In Pickles’ from Metalocalypse’s voice): Sand Cats!
Spray cheese is indeed a wondrous invention but I think I would’ve included the horseshoe-shaped toilet seat on the list instead.
Avatar caused only one stroke. I wonder how many Mahathir’s comments caused.
You must log in to post a comment.