Quickies: Childbirth isn’t pretty, vaccination, and a trip to the gym
- Childbirth can’t be prettied or manicured and women shouldn’t have to try – “Google the phrase “wax before”, and an unwitting internet user will find herself amid the disturbing, troubling world of pregnancy message boards in which women across the world discuss what they believe to be the irrefutable merits – nay, necessity – of waxing bare their nether-regions before giving birth to their beloved children.”
- Jim Carrey’s Twitter rant exposes marketing campaign for for anti-vax film – “During his Twitter screed, Carrey also used photos of children he implied were “vaccine-injured.” Except they aren’t.” From Mary.
- California enacts mandatory vaccination law for students – “Only children with serious health issues would qualify for exemption from the new measures. Unvaccinated children would have to be home-schooled.”
- Body politics: A trip to the gym – “It’s fascinating the sort of rituals she goes through to remind herself that she can confidently take up this space and be okay with herself. It takes work to get out of your mind when you are often preoccupied with how you are perceived while moving through the world and spaces where you’re the “only one.”
- Cute Animal Friday! From Criticaldragon1177, what better way to celebrate the 4th of July than by throwing a barbecue for your hamsters?