On March 25, 1811, Percy Shelley was expelled from Oxford for publishing The Necessity of Atheism. His father intervened and the school was going to allow him to be reinstated, as long as he recanted his views (which were also anti-war, anti-monarchy), but he refused.
- The money man behind atheism’s activism – From Heina.
- Dude, Where’s My Red Wine Pill? The strange saga of resveratrol, the wonder drug that never was – Raise your hand if you took one of these pills or have ever said, “Well, doctors say red wine is good for my heart so … .” I admit to both. (Aaaaand now I have that Red Wine song in my head.)
- Women Profiled in ‘Feminist Housewives’ Piece Say ‘New York’ Misquoted and Misrepresented Them.
- Why Asking What Adria Richards Could Have Done Differently Is The Wrong Question – From Amy.
- The Problem With Mostly Male (and Mostly Female) Workplaces – The first quote blew me away. I have no words.
- Online Threats Against Women Aren’t Trivial and Don’t Happen in a Vacuum – Seriously, when will this end? From Amy.
- Mass Effect 3 writer: creating engaging female characters “shouldn’t be such an issue” – And when female characters are written, please refrain from giving them impractical boob armor.
BONUS: Star Wars March Madness brackets, for those of you who feel left out during sportsball season.