Skepchick Quickies 1.25
- The history of crossdressing soldiers – The US ban on women in combat has just been lifted, but that doesn’t mean that American women haven’t seen combat before. From Ashley.
- New Mexico bill would criminalize abortions after rape as “tampering with evidence” – I think the only acceptable reaction to this is HULK SMASH! From Alyssa. EDIT: The state senator who introduced the bill says the intention is to punish sex offenders who coerce victims into abortions, not the victims.
- Missy Cummings on The Daily Show – MIT professor of aeronautics and astronautics and a former fighter pilot. From Julie.
- Why I bought boys’ underwear for my daughter – Even the world of cartoon character underpants isn’t free of sexism.
- Cute Animal Friday! From Donna, a dog takes a horse for a walk. From Paul, an assortment of cute animal photos. And the world can never have enough sloth videos, from Nichole.