Skepchick Quickies 1.23
On January 23, 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell, the first female doctor in the US, received her medical degree. To be admitted to medical school, the dean and faculty let the 150 male students vote, with the stipulation that one negative vote would deny her entry. Fortunately, the students thought it was a prank and they unanimously voted to allow Elizabeth to attend. Make sure you read more about this fascinating woman!
- Why do men’s and women’s clothing have buttons on different sides? I love learning random facts in the morning.
- How Roe v. Wade changed abortion rights.
- NBC/WSJ poll: Majority, for first time, want abortion to be legal – From CriticalDragon1177.
- Group Finds More Fake Ingredients in Popular Foods – I’m all for honest labeling. (Watch out, the link has an autoplay video).
- Feministing Friday: Why does the F-word bother some men? – From Bug.
- 23 Women File Class Action Lawsuit Against Gross Revenge Porn Site.