Skepchick Quickies 11.19
- 9-Year-Old Girl Football Star Tackles Former NFL Players, ‘Is Already Better Than Tebow’ – I don’t even like football but I really enjoyed this clip.
- Gender in the Hidden Curriculum – An 8-year-old girl is asked to categorize activities by gender, and she fails the assignment spectacularly.
- The Hazards of Growing Up Painlessly – A life without pain receptors.
- Movie Critic Recounts That One Time His Misogynistic Editor Asked Him to Stop Reviewing Movies with Strong Female Leads
- Department of Deportment: The End-All, Be-All Guide to Using Your Phone at the Table – I don’t have a smartphone, so that helps out a lot too.
- Adios, ‘Twilight’ – Studios Stockpiling Young-Adult Novels in Search of the Next Blockbuster – I’m seriously looking forward to the Divergent movie (as long as it doesn’t get Eragon’d).
- Save the earth, drive your car?
- Mike Ritze, Oklahoma Lawmaker, Erects Ten Commandments Monument With Spelling Errors – From CriticalDragon1177.