Skepchick Quickies 12.30
- Monsanto’s GMO corn linked to organ failure, study reveals – So sayeth the HuffPo. Here’s the actual study, so let’s get to deciphering the validity of that statement. From Cordelia.
- 2011 celebrities and science – What woo has been popular with celebrities this year? “This year we have seen a strange difficulty with understanding the sea! US political commentator Bill O’Reilly claims we have no understanding of how the tides work, while reality TV’s Snooki Polizzi put forward her own theory for why the sea is salty (too much whale sperm).” From ceberus40.
- Arizona school’s ethnic studies program ruled illegal – The ruling stated that, “the district’s Mexican-American Studies program violated state law by having one or more classes designed primarily for one ethnic group, promoting racial resentment and advocating ethnic solidarity instead of treating students as individuals.” From Michael.
- NASCAR driver says dumb shit on Twitter after seeing a woman breastfeed in public - And calls a woman a dumb bitch for telling him to get over it.
- Cute Animal Friday! Not just one, but three tiger cubs. Since I may be washing my cat later today, I’m finding these cats ‘n’ baths photos hilarious. Cuteness isn’t just for mammals, so here’s some beautiful insect photos.
(*Comic credit to the awesome Natalie Dee.)