. . . the camera! The one and only episode of Ask Psychic Surly Amy is now available on YouTube. (Don’t ask me how this is possible. Something to do with the energy in the universe being guided by Amy’s mind to the Internet.) As part of our Skepchick Challenge to raise money for SkepchickCON 2013, Amy agreed to answer your otherworldly questions on camera if you helped us meet our goal.

And you totally did. A huge thanks to everyone who donated and spread the word. Enjoy the psychically enriched spoils of victory!

Melanie Mallon

Melanie Mallon

Melanie is a freelance editor and writer who just moved to a small town outside Minneapolis with her husband and two young kids. When not counting how often the words "pride," "liberty," and "freedom" are used in local business, road, and pet names, she spends her time wrangling commas, making colon jokes, and raising her two kids to be critical thinkers. She is the managing editor of Skepchick Events, a Grounded Parents admin, and a Skepchick contributor. You can find her on Twitter as @MelMall, on Facebook, and on Google+

AI: Prop 8 with a side of "Life"

1. Profile photo of criticaldragon1177
    March 26, 2013 at 2:35 pm —

Melanie

LOL! That was Hilarious. I know she said she would only do one, but Surly Amy really should consider doing another one.

• Profile photo of Melanie
      March 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm —

I could not agree more. Maybe Hitchens’ ghost could convince her.

• Profile photo of criticaldragon1177
        March 26, 2013 at 11:28 pm —

I’d have imagined that he’d still be too busy questioning everything after the realization that there was an after life to be bothered, but what the hey. Lets go for it. : )

2. Profile photo of Ophelia Benson
    March 26, 2013 at 6:19 pm —

I believe!

3. Profile photo of Madfishmonger
    March 26, 2013 at 6:55 pm —

You have convinced me! Believer 4 LYFE. I have started seeing the ghosts of the mouse toys around, so I know you’re right.

4. Profile photo of Digit Alice (Io Yam)
    April 3, 2013 at 12:25 pm —

Mostly, I thought that this was pretty funny, especially the Hitchens part. The use of mocking Middle Eastern music, and the part where “fortune cookie say” was said, both by a person presenting as white, was offensive in a racist sort of way. I think that this could have been done without that. I am a Skepchick reader and supporter; I just find this particular piece problematic in these ways.