Bug Girl Speaking Skeptically
I am joined on this episode of Skeptically Speaking by anthropologist Greg Laden, who talks about entomophagy (bug eating).
My part of the interview starts with a discussion of using a pseudonym online, and why I think scientists need to be anonymous sometimes. Then we have a fun chat about treehoppers, bees, and fake mosquito repellent devices. Bonus moment of embarrassment: I try to be relevant to a Canadian audience by comparing native pollinators to Wayne Gretzky.
Here are links to my posts about some of the topics from this episode:
- Xerces Society Pollinator Resource Center
- Hoppers, Hats, and Homology
- Shellac: It’s a bug AND a feature!
- Cochineal: It’s a bug AND a feature!
- Are there roaches in your coffee and chocolate?