Happy weekend, all. This’ll be the first Friday Quickies in a while without a theme. My brain is set to random…
- Systemic racism is a huge issue in science. So, here’s what Black scientists want from colleagues and their institutions.
- U.S. sets daily record for new COVID-19 cases, so, “Mission Accomplished,” right? As a resident of one of the few states with dropping cases, don’t visit me. Which, apparently, is also what the European Union is saying to the U.S.
- Fellow fitness nerds, OUTWOD is raising money for the National Black Justice Coalition and celebrating Pride with a workout called “Stonewall.” Spoiler alert… I did it yesterday, and it hurts.
- Scientists grow bigger monkey brains using human genes. No comment from Mojo Jojo. h/t catherwood
For Cute Animal Friday:
- I forgot where I first saw this, but the Sri Lankan frogmouth bird is adorably ugly.
- Check out these sounds from a seven-week-old baby squirrel. h/t Muscadine
- Also from Muscadine: Finding a home for a fluffy little dog with severe deformities, some from neglect (warning for discussion and x-rays, but the dog is happy). Also Scootie’s mom has the BEST haircut.