Happy Friday! If I didn’t do my weekly Friday Quickies, would I even know what day it was?
First, COVID-related items:
- Why, yes, I AM going to keep insisting that everyone read about how time duration of exposure affects infection risk, particularly with respect to indoor spaces.
- Want to get outdoors, instead? Here are some things to consider to avoid infection during outdoor activities.
- #NamingTheLost did a 24-hour vigil reading all the names of the 93,000+ victims of coronavirus in the United States. With the slow unfolding of this pandemic over a wide area, it can be all too easy to forget that there is a MASSIVE death toll. We need to keep remembering WHY we’re taking what are sometimes uncomfortable precautions.
On the lighter side this week:
- If you have not been tuning in to our dear friends Scott Sigler and A Kovacs and their “Sigler in Place” broadcasts on every day that begins with a “T,” then you are missing some prime entertainment, folks. Last night’s show was a particular gem as they read a story about dueling rap wizards from Scott’s high school days WHILE in homemade cosplay… uh, some NSFW language and themes.
- I would like to thank whoever taped a picture of Steve Carell over the Space Force’s top officer at the USAF museum.
And finally, your weekly animal cuteness:
- Okay this is less cute and more OMG MURDERBIRD as a Maine loon killed a bald eagle by stabbing it in the heart. I just… what. In the loon’s defense, the rising bald eagle population is known to prey on adult and baby loons, according to the article. Shared by my friend Ian.
- A whole post about baby horses! Via Muscadine
- I don’t think I will ever tire of “penguins touring things that humans can’t during shutdown” stories. Here is one from a Kansas City art museum. Also via Muscadine