We’re in a whole new world… here in the US specifically in the last two weeks since my last post. One would think I’d have plenty of time to write now, right? Not so much… first off, taking your well-planned (or not) in-person course and making it remote is NOT trivial. Second, my anxiety brain is 100% in overdrive. Maybe you feel the same?
So, for today’s Quickies, rather than focus on the news, I’d like to share some things that actually might help through this time.
- In the face of dire circumstances and the lack of strong government leadership, people are taking care of each other. Here are some ways that you can help your neighbors.
- Worried about your online course? This will give you a giggle.
- Here are two articles on how to deal with anxiety. Note: the NYTimes is offering a lot of content free during the outbreak, but you still need an account to see it.
- Actually feeling productive? Here are some temporarily free online academic resources.
- Need to do something with your hair? Buzz it off! I’ve not mastered this method yet, but I am pretty darn pleased with my results so far.
- For Cute Animal Friday, here is a thread of animal live cams. My current faves are these service puppies.
Featured animals are my doggos, Macey and Luna, who have become regular features of my videoconferences and classes.