Quickies: It’s the first Cute Animal Friday of 2020!
Welcome to the first Friday of the new year. It’s going to take me a while to get used to it being “The Twenties.” Though sometimes, it feels like we’ve regressed to the 1920s.
- Horrific anti-semitic attacks are on the rise in New York and elsewhere. Here are some things you can do to be an ally against anti-semitism.
- A couple weeks ago, I shared the news that the red giant star Betelgeuse was strangely dimming. The Bad Astronomer breaks it down, pointing out that an imminent explosion is highly unlikely. But really, we’re all not-so-secretly hoping it does anyway.
- This week in “fuck cancer,” Congressman and civil rights icon John Lewis is to begin treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
And now, some cute animals, sent in by Muscadine:
- Learn about this three-parent bald eagle family!
- Lookit those ears! The largest ear to body size ratio belongs to a rodent, the long-eared jerboa.
- And here’s another wildly-eared animal, the caracal, doing an impressive vertical jump. And this is why cat-owners can’t have nice things.
Have a story or cute animal to share? Join the conversation on Discord or reach us via our Contact Form.
You must log in to post a comment.