On this week of Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa, I’m keeping the Friday Quickies light and fun. Hope you are enjoying your end of December festivities!
- WARNING – SPOILERS for latest Star Wars: Nine Spin-offs we want after seeing The Rise of Skywalker, via Topher. It doesn’t have the one I’d desperately like to see, but that’s also a spoiler so ask me about it elsewhere.
- Like crop circles, but for winter… an artist uses snow shoes to create GORGEOUS patterns in the snow. via Karen
- Mom calls C-SPAN to yell at her pundit sons who are on opposite sides of the political spectrum. The BEST part is their faces when they realize who’s on the line. via Sabrina
- The National Radio Astronomy Observatory is counting down the top 10 discoveries with the ALMA observatory, narrated by our good buddy, the Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait! So far they’ve posted numbers 10, 9, and 8. I am also in love with their Fourier Transform of a star which looks a bit like a snowflake!
And as always, a host of cute animals via Muscadine…
- Kookaburra doing its “laugh.” Go ahead and try to keep a straight face. I DARE you. (More on the kookaburra!)
- Nat Geo’s Top 25 Colorful Bird photos of the week.
- Andreas Avester brings the CHRISTMAS FLUFFIES over on Freethought Blogs with an arctic fox and a Pomeranian named Lar.
- And now some cute animals getting into the Christmas spirit, such as kittie versus package, kittie in love with wrapping paper, and… is that a capybara in a Santa hat?