Here is a quick Quickies for you, as I’m headed out to the airport again!
- Man’s body brews its own beer due to the microbiome in his gut – I mean, it sounds like it was pretty awful for him, but IF you had the ability to turn it on and off, it would be convenient!
- I do watch Doctor Who, but I don’t know enough about UK politics to truly understand this thread comparing British politicians to Doctor Who villains. But I’m sure some of you do!
- LOL sick days? What are those? The difficulty of getting ill while working in academia. As a professor with an anxiety disorder I VERY much feel this one (but I’m also lucky to have supportive colleagues.)
- An incredibly sexist workplace training tells women how to act around men in the workplace in a way that sounds like it came out of the 1950s. But it was done in 2018. Via Mary!
- Neil deGrasse Tyson goes on a podcast with Lawrence Krauss and I just shake my head again… I MEAN SERIOUSLY, Y’ALL?! And this is why we advocate firing your heroes into the Sun (metaphorically, at least).