How are you all on this fine Friday? I’m just peachy. MMMMM PEACHES.
No, seriously, if you haven’t already read Melanie’s roundup of articles relating to the latest push for impeachment of the Orange Mussolini, I encourage you to check it out, especially the call to action to encourage your representatives to keep putting pressure on this investigation.
In other news…
- The General Motors strike enters Day 12, making it the longest since 1970.
- Public support for the Thirty Meter Telescope in Hawaii drops amid the continued protests of the Mauna Kea protectors.
- The number of vaping-related illnesses swelled to over 800 this week as the CDC continues to search for a cause. Meanwhile, my neighboring state of Massachusetts has implemented a four-month ban on the sale of all vaping products.
- Apparently NO ONE though that programming Alexa to tell patients with dementia to take their meds might possibly be a problem. “The report found Alexa devices left dementia patients ‘often deeply distressed by an unfamiliar robotic voice reminding them to take medication’.”
And on to the Cute Animal Friday portion:
- My husband showed me this ADORABLE picture of a lizard all curled up sleeping inside of a rose. Awwwwww!
- Emily from Mad Art Lab was the first to share with me this hilarious video of the rubber chicken video of Toto’s Africa and I laughed myself to tears at my desk. This goes here because the video includes a real chicken.
And, it lets me feature my favorite rubber chicken above, Camilla Corona, the now retired NASA mascot for the Solar Dynamics Observatory. SDO is not retired, however, as it is still working to study the sun since its launch in 2010. Go look at what the Sun looks like today from the spacecraft’s multiple cameras!