Quickies: Feminist Christmas carols and eggnog
- All I want for Christmas is #FeministXmasSongs – “Silent night, holy night, all is calm, all is bright, round yon woman whose sexual status is none of your business…”
- Songs from a Christmas albumin which more than a few aims of feminism have been acheived – “City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks Dressed in Holiday Style, Where Nobody Yells at Me About My Butt”
- Apollo 16 booster impact site found on moon – “The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has been mapping the Moon’s surface in detail for years, and over time has found all the impact sites for those boosters, except one: that of Apollo 16. The S-IVB boosters were equipped with radio devices, so they could be tracked to the surface. The impact locations for the others were well known, and relatively easily found in LRO images. But the Apollo 16 transmitter failed, so the location of the impact site was only poorly known…”
- How to use science to make safe eggnog with raw eggs – I hate eggnog but for those of you who like it, here’s a method and a recipe.
- Cute Animal Friday! The Museum of Science and Industry introduced their baby chicks to BB-8.