- “Stop telling me I’m poisoning my kids”: Food crusaders, sancti-mommies and the rise of entitled eaters –
“I was an all-organic, clean-eating, sugar-free mom, too. It drove my family insane without making us healthier.” (This article is written by Jenny Splitter at Grounded Parents!)
- A radically simple idea may open the door to a new world of antibiotics – This profile of a scientist and his microbiology research is completely riveting and I recommend you sit down and read this.
- Carrie Fisher and Her Dog Sure Know How to Give a Star Wars Interview – I love this interview. And I love her dog.
- #EndViolenceAgainstWomen names and shames men who troll women online – “A campaign started by a group of Australian women to name and shame the worst online abusers of a female commentator has gone viral within minutes of its launch and sparked discussion about the broader impact of targeted social media abuse against women.” From Amy.
- A Short History of Martians – “Just this past week, some sharp-eyed observers of images from the Curiosity rover were convinced that they’d spotted a mouse on the planet’s surface. As Redditors pour over the grainy, zoomed-in photo, they are unwittingly participating in a long history of humans speculating on Mars life—either through science or fiction.”
- 2.7 Million Kids Have Parents in Prison. They’re Losing Their Right to Visit. – “States have gutted family visitation programs in reaction to prison overcrowding, and racist ideas about black sexuality.”
- “Prayer-Shaming” Isn’t About Attacking Prayer – “It’s about calling out empty platitudes in the wake of tragedies such as San Bernardino.”