Quickies: Trans inclusion is a Jewish value, the Magic School Bus, and why it’s called feminism
- Trans inclusion is a Jewish value – “Like most American Jews, the URJ is quite liberal. It first passed a resolution affirming “the rights of homosexuals” in 1977 and called for full marriage equality in 1997.” From Jamie.
- Read it and Weep: The Magic School Bus – I got to watch some Magic School Bus episodes, feel really nostalgic, and talk about it with the Read it and Weep crew.
- Fight transphobia and move the damn 2017 Super Bowl – ” Why move the big game? Well, Houston put some of their citizens’ civil rights up for a vote and by a wide margin declared that LGBTQ people needed to accept a second-class form of citizenship.” From Courtney.
- Why it’s called feminism and not humanism – Ah yes, the age old question!
- Cute Animal Friday! Tiny capybara!