Quickies: Punching, James Bond, earth-like worlds, and the addictiveness of cheese
- Did men’s hands evolve for fistfights? Biologists punch and slap with dead men’s arms to find out – How does this not sound like an idea cooked up in a bar? “Guys, guys, we’ll get to punch things with cadaver arms. It’ll be AWESOME.” From Mary.
- Daniel Craig on James Bond: Let’s not forget that he’s actually a misogynist – “…when Red Bulletin asked him what people can learn from a man like James Bond, Craig paused before responding: “Nothing.” Ice cold! But also pretty amazing.”
- Most earth-like worlds haven’t been born yet – “How did the astronomers arrive at these conclusions? Basically, by staring off into really faraway space. Looking at distant galaxies is like peering back in time, and by collecting snapshots of the early Universe, we can reconstruct all sorts of interesting things, including rates of star formation.”
- Cheese really is crack. Study reveals cheese is as addictive as drugs – Well, this makes my fridge full of cheese a far darker place.
- Cute Animal Friday! This puppy has never seen rain before, from Mary.